Monday, 8 August 2016

A bunch of things ...

This weekend saw the release of Konflict '47 by Warlord Games, a Weird War 2 games based on their popular Bolt Action rules
I've been looking forward to this coming out, as I already have some of the miniatures for it (specifically British Automatons) from when they were released by Clockwork Goblin Miniatures the company behind the game. So I went along to my FLGS SnM Stuff and got myself a copy.

I've not read it as yet, but a flick through shows that it seems to be 'Bolt Action with bits added' - pretty much what I expected, so that's good.

I see that Sarissa Precision have released an MDF Childrens Play Area Set which I'll definitely be getting as a great bit of scenery for zombie games

Over the weekend I made some progress on a couple of things; finally painted the window frames and assembled the basic building in my Charlie Foxtrot Models' "Table Edge Terrace" British Version
Hopefully, I'll get the 'rendering' effect on to it soon so it'll be close to finishing.

I also tried to make progress on my Charlie Foxtrot Models' gladiator arena/storage-box
Unfortunately, it went badly, badly wrong ... initial efforts to rectify things seem good though - which is a big relief!!

I do seem to be unable to see anything through from start to finish at the moment ... all weekend the undercoated chariots for Faustus Furius were staring at me reproachfully but I just didn't want to start painting them ...

Hopefully my Mo will find my Jo soon and I'll be able to finish something!

9 comments:

  1. That childrens playground set is just brilliant. I kind of KNOW every single zombie games player will NEED to get one!

    Cheers for pointing it out,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, i'm a bit miffed about this - having made my own years ago.

      Delete
    2. Luckily -for me! - it's something I've always meant to make, but never actually started!

      Delete
  2. You've got a lot going on there, (which can be a good or bad thing), but tinkering with bits and making progress eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope I can make progress!

      Delete
  3. Sarissa's "Retro" range is very tempting, but luckily for me I should be able to resist as I don't do any gaming that I could use it for...

    If you're going for the playground set, you should really get the swimming pool as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempting, but I think not at the moment - not getting the playground set just yet, as I have enough unassembled MDF kits to keep me going for a while!

      Delete
  4. I have plenty of gladiators ready for a game...just need that arena finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome I shall have to get me that playground set. It may prompt me to get all my St Searles stuff done for some zombie bashing with the kids! I do like the look of K47 but I don't like painting armies so that puts that one to bed!

    ReplyDelete