Thursday, 4 August 2016

Faustus Furius (2) - chariots

I got my chariots from Newline about a week after placing the order and am very pleased with them.  They have either 3 or 4 in each pack, so I'm intending to make 2 racers from each pack and use the others to create crash markers - in Faustus Furius, crashing does not end a chariots' race - it can recover and rejoin!

I put together a couple of the chariots to see what they'd look like; here is the Persian Scythed Chariot :

And the Sumerian 'chariot' (more of a battle wagon really!) :

I was going to use 40mm round bases for them, but will now use these medium Flames of War bases that I had from a stalled project (30mm x 52mm IIRC) - the bigger bases giving more chance of collisions (I hope!).

Whiling researching which chariots to use, I was very surprised at the difference in price for 10mm Sumerian chariots - Newline sell them at £4 per pack of 3, Magister Militum sell at £8.25 per pack of 3 and Steve Barber sells at £4 for 1 chariot

Shopping around can definitely sell you money!

7 comments:

  1. Those look really good for 10mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with them!

      Delete
  2. Very nice quite surprised at the detail for the size of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The others that I got are just as good too

      Delete
  3. It's surprising to find these are 10mm, they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope that I can do them justice with my slapdash painting!

      Delete
    2. I just hope that I can do them justice with my slapdash painting!

      Delete